LMI is seeking a Senior Data Analyst/Data Scientist to support our Intelligence Community client.
LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI has been named a 2022 #TopWorkplace in the United States by Top Workplaces! We are honored to be recognized as a company that values a people-centered culture, and we are grateful to our employees for making this possible!
Responsible for providing advanced data analytics and predictive strategic workforce planning via on-demand, intuitive web-based capabilities and reporting.
- Collaborate with an integrated team of data scientists, data analysts, and HR functional SMEs to understand business processes, develop analytical requirements, identify key data elements, adhere to data protection guidelines, and interpret and communicate analytic results
- Understand and analyze complex and organization-specific datasets.
- Define and develop techniques to integrate, consolidate, and structure data for analytical use.
- Support the maturation of data quality
- Support the transformation of businesses process through automation
- Transform data and analysis into informative visualizations and interactive dashboards using open-source and commercially available visualization and dashboard tools
- Provide regular detailed reporting to management and customers
- Advise on the interpretation and use of data analysis products, dashboards and reports to non-technical customers
- Assist the development of junior data scientists through technical mentoring, code review, and other assistance.
- The data scientist will need the ability to work in teams and independently
- Identify, propose, and assist in the development of future analytics products based on the data pipeline to assist customers in gaining value from the data products.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics, data analytics, or other related business or quantitative discipline
- 7+ years experience in data or business analytics
- High level of competency with data science/analysis coding languages like SQL, Python, or R
- Experience developing dashboards using Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, RShiny, plotly, or d3.js
- Experience with data science methods related to data architecture, data munging, data and feature engineering, and predictive analytics.
- Self-starter with the vision to independently identify opportunities for improvement through data analytics
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Proven ability to work with business customers and technical teams
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Innovative problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on client site in the NCR in Washington, D.C.; Reston, VA; or College Park, MD
- This position requires an active security clearance at the TS/SCI level with the ability/willingness to receive a polygraph. Current polygraph preferred.
- Masters degree or higher
- Experience using python libraries to build machine learning models like regression models and decision trees
- Experience with version control software like Git
- Management consulting experience desired
- Experience working with unstructured text and natural language processing
- Experience with deploying and maintaining models in production
- Previous experience with people analytics