LMI is seeking an Application Program Interface Engineer to work with team members to design and use existing innovative software programs that improve and simplify systems for the U.S. Army.
LMI: Innovation at the Pace of Need™
At LMI, we’re reimagining the path from insight to outcome at The New Speed of Possible™. Combining a legacy of over 60 years of federal expertise with our innovation ecosystem, we minimize time to value and accelerate mission success. We energize the brightest minds with emerging technologies to inspire creative solutioning and push the boundaries of capability. LMI advances the pace of progress, enabling our customers to thrive while adapting to evolving mission needs.
- Oversee implementation layer between front end and data store.
- Develop middleware, handle login and access tokens, and implement backend functionality.
- Interface with data architecture and front-end team to pass data objects back and forth to minimize schema and API changes.
- Develop comprehensive API documentation
- Oversee, implement, and run software tests (unit, integration, and end to end) as part of CI/CD process.
- Bachelor's degree in data sciences and 5+ years’ experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing, developing, and maintaining RESTful APIs using industry protocols and standards such as FastAPI, Django, Flask, Spring Boot, Node.js, or ExpressJS.
- Requires knowledge of data maintenance, models, schemas, and role based access control to data store through API.
- Requires knowledge and experience of programmatic SQL access to include ORM and raw ODBC connectors.
- Understanding of API security best practices, including authentication, authorization, and encryption. Familiarity with API security standards like OAuth 2.0 or JWT is a plus.
- Skill in writing unit tests, integration tests, and using debugging tools to ensure API reliability and troubleshoot issues.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Functional knowledge of Linux including basic shell commands and commonly used CLI database connection tools (psql, mysql, etc).
- Clearance: Secret - ability to maintain a US government clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with Swagger / OpenAPI standards
- Knowledge of graph based APIs and databases, ElasticSearch, ETL
- Experience with API tools such as Mulesoft
- Experience with workflow and data management tools such as Appian
- Experience with auth proxies such as oauth2, envoy
- Experience with authorization and authentication tools such as Keycloak
- Experience with JWT based authorization