Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.The base hourly rate for this position is $28.53
At the Johns Manville BRAND NEW HILLSBORO facility, we manufacture insulation for roofs. It's a neat process, but what is even cooler is how we do it...
- Our PEOPLE are at the core of everything we do
- Our PASSION is in going the extra mile
- We PERFORM at a superior level
- We PROTECT today to ensure tomorrow
Johns Manville has a Training Coordinator position open at our brand-new facility in Hillsboro, TX. The Training Coordinator will facilitate and schedule the training of all employees. This includes required safety, environmental compliance training, and all pay for skill programs for production, maintenance, and warehouse employees.
The ideal candidate will support our safety culture, demonstrate effective organization and communication skills (written and verbal) and have experience training/teaching in an industrial/construction/agricultural setting.
Your Day-to Day
- Support all aspects of the plant safety culture and programs.
- Create and maintain training documentation, work instructions, SOP’s, JSA etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate when appropriate, all training for employees with regard to pay for skill programs, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Maintain training files and schedules for required refresher training.
- Work with management team to address training deficiencies and create an annual plan to resolve.
- Coordinate 5s program standards, audits, and maintain supplies
- Point person for documenting Standards Driven Process (SDP) visual workplace, conspicuous standards
What You Bring to the Team
- Previous involvement in training/teaching in an industrial/construction/agricultural
- High school degree required
- Effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to facilitate training.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must have the flexibility to work any shift (day / swing / night).
- Work requires the ability to stand, walk, stoop, and reach continuously as well as the ability to lift up to approx. 50lbs.
- Good vision, hearing, speaking, and color vision skills are required as well as finger dexterity and the ability to perform close work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be able to use a computer to make training videos
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years training/teaching experience
- Basic understanding of OSHA and environmental compliance
- Basic understanding of ISO 9000, 14000 standards
- Troubleshooting skills and mechanical aptitude beneficial
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You’ll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you’ll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401K match paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.