Technical Account Manager (Shanghai, Other/Not Applicable, CN)
We make life more comfortable.
Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
Leggett & Platt Automotive is a global provider of wire forms, mechanical control cables, wireless charging, as well as seat lumbar, suspension, bolster, actuator, and motor systems. In addition to these award-winning, category-leading products, we offer tailored goods due to our expertise in product development and attention to market trends. Our unique competitive advantages give us unmatched insight into the demands of the consumer.
Learn more about Leggett & Platt Automotive: Leggett & Platt Automotive
So, what will you be doing as a Technical Account Manager?
- Develop, grow and maintain successful customer relationships with OEM and Tier-1 customers within North Amercia, understand customer DNA and decision making process and provide information to internal organization
- Plan, develop and execute the OEM and Tier-1 long term customer acquisition strategy to profitably grow the business
- Drive identification of technological growth areas and white spots as key element of sales growth strategy
- Proactively Identify, monitor, and communicate key technology trends across the market and industry and competitive landscape, lead technology scouting
- Drive and manage proactive communications and relationships with customers’ technical community with special focus on pre-RFQ activities for new product development
- Partner with customers on technical, product and business solutions including organization of tech days, innovation roundtables & technology reviews
- Lead business development activities with new and existing customers together with marketing
- Facilitate the decision making on the development of innovative product and technology solutions for future growth, support the development of innovation management,
- Support the development of product roadmaps matching internal innovation pipeline with customer technology prospects
- Support competitor product & technology benchmarking
- Support development of customer and go-to-market strategies. Assist development of business cases on key innovations with knowledge and insights on market and customer innovation pipeline
- Support development of business cases for technology partnerships and collaborations including M&A, JV etc
- Support new customer development
- Provide regular feedback to internal stakeholders for technical solutions and other critical issues that should be considered within the product development strategies to support market growth,
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, MBA preferred
- Min. 10 years experience in Automotive Industry and technical customer-facing role
- Strong commercial acumen, ability to recognize ongoing disruptive technologies
- Ability to listen and understand the technical needs of the customer and translate into solutions
- Strong influencing, writing, and verbal communication skills
- International mindset
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com