Team Packager (Havre De Grace, MD, US)
Elite Comfort Solutions, a Leggett & Platt Company, is comprised of hardworking individuals dedicated to delivering innovative, high-quality foam products for the bedding and furniture markets and beyond. With locations around the globe, we offer a world of opportunities in areas such as business, information technology, and manufacturing.
We make life more comfortable.
Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
The world leader in bedding technology.
Leggett & Platt has been the driving force in bedding components technology since inventing the bedspring in 1885. Now, we own more mattress industry patents than anyone in the world.
Springs, foam, adjustable beds, machinery – our Bedding businesses design, produce, and supply innovative sleep solutions that help you rest comfortably.
Learn more about Bedding Components: L&P Bedding Group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects product for defects and transfers defective items to the appropriate location.
- Loads product into packaging machines; Monitors machines for proper function.
- Unloads and visually inspects packaged product to ensure it meets quality standards.
- Places packaged product into boxes. Applies identification labels to boxes.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies to accomplish job results without waste.
- Uses knowledge and experience to resolve basic operating problems; reports all other problems to supervisor.
- Prepare pallets of product to be packaged at loading station.
- Properly set product on conveyor
- Set proper load recipe on equipment and activate
- Loads packaged product into box
- Applies label(s)
- Place filled box on scale to be weighed
- Document the weight of filled box
- Seal box with tape
- Stack filled boxes onto Shrinkwrap turntable
- Activates Shrinkwrap machine for an assembled load of filled boxes
- Builds and provides prepped up boxes to be in closer proximity (as needed) to unloading area
- Assists other team members when stacking boxes onto Shrinkwrap turntable as needed
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com