Sr. Electrical and Controls Engineer
Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Pay Range$111,000.00-$166,400.00 Annual
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
The Senior Electrical and Controls Engineer provides Electrical Controls Engineering for the implementation of Manufacturing Controls Systems Support and Capital Projects for the Milan, OH Facility. The position will have a wide range of roles including being an internal consultant on electrical systems to a hands-on project manager or leader in implementing electrical control projects.
This role will be responsible for developing, scoping, coordinating, justifying, implementing, and managing from start to finish a broad range of industrial electrical and control system manufacturing projects.
Your Day to Day:
- Ability to perform power, electrical control systems engineering for all aspects of projects.
- Prepares and reviews technical electrical specifications for equipment and processes projects.
- Assist facility with manufacturing operations as well as execution of electrical safety initiatives.
- Provide project management and oversight for all aspects and phases for multiple project assignments concurrently and driving projects to completion.
- Ensure compliance with technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of projects.
- Maintain good communication with management and project customers regarding project status, problems, and changes.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage supplier and contractor activities for all aspects of the project on and off site, including the commissioning, startup, and training for plant personnel.
- Develop bid request documentation, supplier lists, bid evaluations and make recommendations for purchasing.
- Manage overall project budget, forecasts, schedule, scope, deliverables, execution, and reporting to provide the expected benefits of the project to the organization.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage external engineering resources and consultants as needed.
- Provide input to the Corporate Electrical Group in review and implementation of Corporate Specifications and Standards.
- May provide direction and mentoring to more junior engineers.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology with a minimum of 5 years of experience in control systems engineering in a continuous and/or discrete manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated electrical and control system engineering capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide complex and innovative solutions to project and process engineering problems.
- Proficiency with Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI applications (including programming) along with communications within enterprise and control networked systems.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace - arc flash energy and shock hazards.
- Ability to manage and support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success managing projects from up to $2M
- Must have the ability to work with and influence a multi-discipline team and management with a demonstrated capability to implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated capabilities in working collaboratively with internal and external engineering resources.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to complete assigned tasks and investigate and seek out improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience in the engineering and implementation of 480V (Switchgear, Power Distribution Panel, Motor Control Center) and 4160V Power Distribution Systems.
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.