Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Software Engineer II within its overall software organization, reporting to the Manger, Software Engineering and Services at the assigned location. This important role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering software solutions for Lindsay’s various product lines, including new products and features. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for performing maintenance on existing products and solutions, as assigned each development sprint.
This position is centered around the companies Infrastructure line of products. It is a full-time, salaried position that will be based in our Olathe, KS office and includes a highly competitive salary/benefits package based on the location of the position. Travel requirements will be minimal (<10%), but there may be some travel to various office locations and conferences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in developing, testing, and delivering high quality web and mobile app solutions, and device support which includes new products and features
- Assists in new product development efforts, delivering new solutions on time and within the functional specifications
- Performs routine maintenance on the existing codebase for the various Lindsay products and solutions, as assigned during each sprint
- Codes and configures software functionality according to functional specifications
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality assurance procedures
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly prior to hand-off
- Researches and resolves reported software problems efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Adheres to and models the Lindsay software organization’s coding standards and guidelines, as well as the group's various processes, policies, and procedure
- An aptitude for troubleshooting with a self starter attitude that can clearly communicate issues and roadblocks to maintain sprint scope and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical education or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years of relevant, professional software engineering experience, including 2+ years of experience working on net-new software engineering projects/solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where constant iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to clearly and rapidly communicate problems and solutions in order to prevent bottlenecks and facilitate the release process
- Solid understanding and experience with the following: Web APIs, IoT device communication and protocols, Agile Scrum, Git Flow
- Experience with IoT devices is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with three or more of the following languages, technologies, and tools is preferred:
- C#/.NET(Core 3.0 and Framework 5-6 preferrable)
- Angular(version 12 or greater)
- SQL databases (i.e., PostgreSQL, cockroachDB, etc.)
- NoSQL databases (i.e., Cassandra, mongoDB, etc.)
- Event streaming tools (i.e., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Container orchestration tools (i.e., Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.)