Senior Project Manager
Join the Clune family where you’re valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work, a Top Workplace nationally, and the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Senior Project Manager oversees the planning, coordination, and completion of construction projects. The core job duties include full responsibility of all phases of construction from budgeting, bidding, cost control, client relations, through closeout. This role is also responsible for organizing the project team, both internal and external for the project life cycle, including reporting and achieving the project financial goals. This Senior Project Manager will primarily focus on Mission Critical projects.
- Actively participate creatively and practically in RFP responses, including developing presentations, and leading the pitch.
- Participate in business development and client relationship management by organizing client events and fostering relationships with designers and clients to assist with budgets or existing condition review during the schematic design and preconstruction phases of projects.
- Develop Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers on the team by providing guidance and support on contentious or difficult project issues, by coaching and mentoring, and leading by example.
- Oversee the cost control and change management processes to ensure detailed and accurate cost tracking is completed and regular updates provided to the client; forecasting is completed and validated monthly; all billing and receivable issues are resolved in a timely fashion; budget changes are communicated to the client and meet all contractual requirements; and secured revenue, pipeline, and backlog is accurately reported at all times.
- Work to bring in new project leads and bid opportunities by staying in regular contact with previous and current clients, and by actively seeking out new relationships with potential future clients, designers, and building managers.
- Contribute to the growth of the company by participating in intern or candidate interviews and by signing up to participate in the Mentoring Program to share skills, knowledge, and experience and to reinforce the company culture.
- Ability to develop training content and lead training classes on relevant content such as industry and company best practices, technical skills, and human skills.
What We Offer
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the company
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Career Development through Mentoring Program, Learning & Development, Continuing Education
- Fitness Program
- Pet Insurance
Core Values and Behaviors
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership and Innovation. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.Requirements
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Highly motivated with strong skills in time management and prioritization.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to relate and interact with higher-end clientele.
- Strong estimating and budgeting skills. Must have the ability to prepare and submit responses to requests for lump-sum bids.
- Must have strong skills in drawing review.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- All candidates must provide references and project list.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering is preferred, but strong work experience will be considered.
- 9+ years of construction project management experience, with 2-3 years of experience specifically in commercial construction.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control, and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Solid background in construction trades and technical knowledge.
- Proficiency with scheduling software.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.