Senior Manager, Business Development
Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Development
Location: McLean, VA (or remote)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director, Business Development
Founded in 2002, Operation Homefront is a national nonprofit organization whose mission is to build strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive, not simply struggle to get by, in the communities they have worked so hard to protect. Operation Homefront is sourcing candidates for a Senior Manager, Business Development position.
This position supports the Business Development team in identifying, prospecting, acquiring, and sustaining high-level corporate partnerships to drive organizational cash and in-kind revenue nationally. The Sr. Manager will work collaboratively with the Partnership Marketing team and other departments (i.e Marketing, Integrated Public Relations, Regions, and Programs) to cultivate, retain and steward donors with excellence. He/she will update the corporate pipeline, prepare and present leading proposals and presentations for prospects and donors, negotiate agreement terms, generate contracts, and manage partnerships with excellence, while simultaneously growing overall awareness for Operation Homefront’s mission.
Desired candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree desired; degree in business or marketing a plus.
- 3-5 years in marketing, sales, and/or account management.
- Superior knowledge regarding the practices and principles of corporate partnerships and cause marketing in a non-profit environment
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable MVR (annual)
- Criminal background check
- MS Office Programs
- Research databases
Primary job duties include:
- Responsible for identifying, prospecting, acquiring, and building high-level corporate partnerships to support the organization’s multi-million dollar corporate sales strategy. Grows cash and in-kind revenue nationally and regionally.
- Collaborates closely with Partnership Marketing team and other departments (Marketing, IPR, Regions) to devise strategies to steward relationships with excellence and to ensure fulfillment of partnership deliverables.
- Maintains corporate pipeline, coordinates, and facilitates donor meetings, prepares and presents leading proposals and presentations for prominent partners, and negotiates contract terms and agreements.
- Supports various fundraising strategies in collaboration with Business Development and Regional teams as appropriate.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
General office and sedentary. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 30 pounds. Ability to drive a motor vehicle and travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business related events to include overnight travel at least 10% of the time. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. The candidate selected for employment will be required to submit to a criminal background check, motor vehicle record check, and education verification.