Capitol Ave, Dallas, TX 75204, USA
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Envision Paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
The production planner is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company's productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determine manpower, raw materials and processed components needed to cover production demand
- Create production schedules for the production lines in all assigned cost centers, considering many factors such as personnel needs, raw material availability, and machinery availability
- Assist with determining inventory levels of finished goods
- Participate in weekly meetings with production managers/supervisors to identify potential issues with the production schedule
- Use ERP system to view material movements, quantities on order, and current balance on hand
- Use ERP system to create, maintain and manage work orders for the production schedule
- Provide continuous (daily) feedback to manufacturing/production leaders and buyers in regards to future needs or back order issues
- Create and distribute a personnel schedule each week, if needed
- Provide support for special projects within the department by completing assignments, providing historical records and future projections of production schedule
- Communicate and execute all needed changes to the production schedule for any various unplanned events
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
- Work under general supervision
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Experience: 3+ years of experience in manufacturing, production management, or logistics planning
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and a manufacturing ERP system (AX preferred)
- Knowledge of planning principles
- Knowledge of inventory management principles
- Knowledge of production scheduling principles
- Knowledge of bill of material principles
- Knowledge of mathematics
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail ability
- Strong communication and problem solving skills necessary to work effectively with a variety of individuals and skill levels
- Working knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Possess a positive work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions
- Ability to work independently with periodic consultation and direction
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
_X_ Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
___ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
___ Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
___ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
X 11-25 lbs
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job