Private Debt Credit Underwriter
Clear Vision Impact Fund
Associate / Senior Associate / Vice President
The Clear Vision Impact Fund (“CVIF” or the “Fund”) seeks to make loans to sustainable minority-owned businesses, with a focus on African-American and Latinx-owned businesses, businesses that work in underserved markets, and/or businesses that foster inclusive growth. This supports the Fund’s mission to clarify the opaque investment landscape for these businesses, and improve diversity, training, and overall business performance for its portfolio companies.
CVIF typically makes investments in middle market companies that have revenues up to $150 million, a positive EBITDA, and a 2+ year operating history. The Fund lends to companies seeking funding for a variety of business needs, including working capital, business expansion, acquisition, and new initiatives.
The Vice President / Senior Associate/ Associate will be a core member of the CVIF team reporting to the Fund’s Chief Credit Officer / Portfolio Manager and will support the Fund in building and managing a portfolio of investments following its final closing of Fund I in March 2022.
Responsibilities include conducting:
- Investment due diligence, underwriting, financial analysis/modeling, preparation of investment committee memoranda, and portfolio monitoring, etc.
- Evaluation and ongoing monitoring of company financial forecasts and detailed valuation analyses to better inform investment and portfolio management decisions
- Preparation of documentation for Investment Committee, Limited Partners Advisory Committee, and other Fund constituents in support of existing portfolio companies and new investments
- Analysis of industry / sector / company to ensure a growing pipeline of investment opportunities and research areas
- Support of day-to-day activities and interaction with portfolio companies, including:
- Relationship maintenance with executives, which includes supporting various management, strategy, and funding matters
- Collaboration with various individuals to provide value-add services to portfolio companies through new vendor introductions, amongst other initiatives
- Working with portfolio companies, Fund management, and third-party administrators to ensure accuracy of closings and ongoing loan servicing
- Collaborations across business units in the sourcing of potential investment opportunities
- Engagement and support as needed to other team initiatives
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills with a demonstrated knowledge of corporate finance, corporate credit principles, securities, and financial products
- Robust time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle a significant workload and work well under pressure to deliver high quality products for both internal and external stakeholders
- Extensive experience managing projects with minimal supervision, in addition to solid judgment and the ability to operate independently
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality work product with strong attention to detail and the ability to execute
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation delivery skills
We are Committed to fair, transparent pay and strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target total fixed compensation range for this position is $90,000 - $135,000. Compensation for the successful candidate will be determined by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies and experience. This position is also eligible for a discretionary bonus.
We empower talented and highly motivated individuals to thrive independently and collectively. We offer a competitive compensation package, an inclusive working environment and exceptional employee benefits. Our benefit program is designed to provide employees and their dependents with support in maintaining health and financial protection.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. We welcome and value the people and concepts that move our firm, our industry, and our communities forward. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Required degree level
- Bachelor Degree
Years of experience
- 5 - 7 Years