Manager, Community Programs
Wichita, KS 67203, USA
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
The Manager of Community Programs is responsible for the successful facilitation and management of Envision’s signature programs - Level Up Assistive Technology Program, College Success Program (CSP), Heather’s Camp, Adult Support Group and on-going programming events. The Manager will work with the Director, programs stakeholders and other internal departments to drive support for BVI participants to increase engagement in all facets of community programs. This role will also capture user feedback from the BVI community on the full breadth of our programs and services, and improve the overall experience of our BVI participants by helping to define requirements, establish and implement policies, procedures and guidelines for all programs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Manage general operations of community programs as assigned by Director.
- Increase engagement of participants within all facets of Community Programs.
- Collaborate with Marketing to raise engagement within the programs, share community events and elevate the CSP mentor program.
- Conduct direct/digital mailing and outreach to recruit participants.
- Assist with development of material for newsletters, website and other communications that promote programs and services for the visually impaired.
- Be the lead on recruiting students to CSP and matching with mentors.
- Recruit and train all new mentors for CSP. Retain a “mentor pool” of no fewer than 20 mentors.
- Assist Director in identifying, editing, and curating programming content and/or training resources needed for CSP mentors and volunteers to better support our BVI participants and families.
- Drive engagement through the usage of effective registration software, systems and websites.
- Manage outcome measures and evaluation process in collaboration with ERI to capture data for program improvement, realigning where necessary.
- Provide continuous connection with CSP mentors to record and report progress of CSP students/mentees to ensure support and retention through graduation.
- Maintain CSP database to build user reports for monthly reporting, state VR agencies verifications, and foundation reporting.
- Assist Director in fostering collaborative relationships with stakeholders, including school districts, teachers, vocational rehab agencies, community organizations, universities, disability service offices, Delta Gamma and healthcare professionals to seek opportunities that will expand reach, enhance programming and develop revenue pipelines through service contracts and grant opportunities and sponsorships.
- Accommodate the schedule of community program events, CSP mentor meetings and activities, to include evenings and weekends as needed.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Organizational Leadership and Management, Communications or Marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience
- Experience with a non-profit preferred
- Experience with working individuals who have disabilities preferred.
- Desire to learn and understand the needs of individuals of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.
- Demonstrated ability to train and/or teach skills and concepts to participants/team members
- Demonstrated ability to support and motivate individuals in areas of advocacy and independence
- Experience cultivating online communities using social media technologies and practices a plus
- Strong knowledge (as a user, not a developer) of accessibility solutions and systems for accessing specialized and mainstream/internet based products and services
- Business Production Software, including MS Office, MS Teams, Mail Chimp, etc.
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated success in multi-tasking and collaborative environment
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines, with a definitive goal
- Ability to critically evaluate situations and synthesize them for review and input by other team members
- Must maintain a current First Aid certification.
- Must maintain a current CPR certification.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising:0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
__X__Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
_____ Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
_____Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
_____ Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
X <10 lbs
X <10 lbs
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job