Maintenance Technician - Tool & Die (London, ON, CA)
We make life more comfortable.
Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
Leggett & Platt Automotive is a global provider of wire forms, mechanical control cables, wireless charging, as well as seat lumbar, suspension, bolster, actuator, and motor systems. In addition to these award-winning, category-leading products, we offer tailored goods due to our expertise in product development and attention to market trends. Our unique competitive advantages give us unmatched insight into the demands of the consumer.
Learn more about Leggett & Platt Automotive: Leggett & Platt Automotive
What You Will Be Doing?
- Perform toolmaking function with all shop equipment (milling, lathing, precision grinding, polishing, welding and fitting) and make parts to print.
- Able to plan, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of details, tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges to very close tolerances.
- Disassemble tooling to determine cause of problems and implement corrective actions.
- Recommend or specify heat treat procedure.
- Complete required documentation and notify proper persons when tooling is ready for production.
- Ensure inventory levels of spare parts are adequate and reordered in a timely manner.
- Interpret complex blueprints and sketches and plan and determine working procedure, working to close tolerances.
- Check and measure parts with use of precision measuring devices to assure quality specification and record quality check.
- Assemble, fit, align, and adjust finished production tooling and parts for production equipment.
- Assist with the setup of stamping press or injection molder as required.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Experience as a Toolmaker in the areas of Plastic Injection Molds, Stamping Dies or a combination of both. Focus would be progressive dies and injection molds.
- Possession of a Certificate of Qualification as a Toolmaker.
- Graduation from certified Tool & Die Apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, tooling, cutting tools, and machine parts.
- 6+ years’ machinist toolmaking experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess basic math skills and working knowledge of advanced shop mathematics, including trigonometry and geometry.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available. If you require assistance completing an application, please contact our team at email@example.com
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com
Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, and all its Canadian affiliates value the diversity of skills, knowledge, and perspectives our employees bring to our workplace. We believe the presence in our workforce of individuals with characteristics protected under local human rights legislation, including but not limited to females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, persons from all faiths and national origins and of all colours reward us with greater talent, new ideas and unique perspectives.
It is therefore our policy to recruit, hire, promote, transfer, administer benefits and handle all other conditions of employment in a non-discriminatory manner without discrimination regarding any protected status under local human rights legislation. Our Chief Executive Officer has requested that all of our employees make equal opportunity a priority.
We are committed to workplace accessibility and accommodation of persons with disabilities. Should you have any need for accommodation at any stage of the hiring or recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to provide appropriate accommodation or address any accessibility-related needs. This information will be handled as confidentially as practical. You are welcome to contact a member of our Corporate Employee Relations staff at 417-358-8131 if you need assistance to apply, wish to discuss an accommodation or have questions about this notice.