Machine Operator III - 2nd Shift
Arc, Florida, a division of Cadence, Inc. is seeking Mix Room Operator on our 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday 3:30 pm to 2 a.m.) $1.00 shift differential for night shifts.
This position is responsible for measuring and blending appropriate metal powders with binding materials under precisely controlled conditions using a variety of machines, equipment, and tools for processing and measuring results. Responsible for accurately weighing and mixing powders and polymers as identified on material mix sheets. Ability to work unsupervised and attention to detail is a must to be successful on this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include measuring, mixing, blending and granulating feedstock needed in manufacturing process. Once complete, packaging as needed . Job requires operator to read instructions containing detailed information and follow these instructions precisely while documenting each step and maintaining lot control.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated mathematical, computer, and organizational skills
- Knowledge and skill in the use of measuring and weighing equipment
- Working knowledge of production processes
- General knowledge of mechanical equipment, its function and how the equipment works
- Effective time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work alone and with little direct supervision
- Detail oriented
- Ability and willingness to work the scheduled work hours which may include evening, holiday and week-end hours
Education, Experience, & Training:
The applicant must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. The preferred candidate will have a forklift certification, but it is not required for consideration.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
This position is in a manufacturing environment, and is subject to dirt, dust, grease, and oil, as well as loud noise high temperatures for extended periods of time. For consideration, applicants must have the willingness and physical ability to lift up to 40lbs unassisted, as well as push & pull, stand, and squat.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.