Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are seeking a Head of Portfolio Management for the TOPS Technical Operations Division. This role will focus on leading the portfolio strategies for the product development and lifecycle activities within the CMC area. Cross-functional business influence, prioritization, negotiations, alignment, communications, and transformational leadership are vital to success in this role.
The Tech Ops Portfolio Management Head will report to the TOPS Strategy and Business Operations Functional Head and serve as a key point of contact with Global Technical Development/Strategic Product Supply, Tech Ops Leadership, and the Global Product Teams. The position will be responsible for the overview of the CMC strategies for ADCs, biologics, and small molecules. The successful candidate will manage the CMC Portfolio Management team to proactively generate portfolio level strategic and tactical CMC development plans: including acceleration scenarios, risk identification and mitigation, as well as project level sourcing recommendations to help garner endorsement of such plans through the governance approval process. As a member of the TOPS Strategy and Business Operations team (SBO), the TOPS Portfolio Head will contribute to overall SBO strategy, foster desired culture, develop talent, and collaborate with peers to deliver portfolio objectives.
- Evaluate and monitor progression of programs through the TOPS stage gates to optimize CMC strategies
- Provide line-of-sight visibility of portfolio to stakeholders via the Technical Development Committee and Product Lifecycle Committee Portfolio Review forums
- Engage stakeholders to develop and implement CMC strategies with a 2–3-year strategic view of product development needs. Challenge the status quo and promote innovative approaches to accelerate CMC timelines and drive risk balanced CMC development strategies with the matrixed teams and functions
- Capture knowledge base within TOPS to prepare staff to lead CMC efforts for new projects in the R&D portfolio. Ensure an effective Target Product Profile and Product Quality Lifecycle Management is in place which adequately defines the product characteristics and performance expectations to inform pharmaceutical development work
- Stay abreast of industry trends for CMC and participate in and lead some of the impact assessments for TOPS
- Manage the CMC portfolio team and provide strategic leadership in the delivery of their assets to meet company objectives and portfolio priorities
- Model Seagen core values and leadership behaviors. Provide timely feedback to staff; have meaningful coaching and career development discussions to help staff reach their potential
- Advanced degree (minimum of a M.S. or MBA with a Ph.D. preferred) in a technical area that is relevant to pharmaceutical development and manufacturing of ADCs, small molecules, and/or biological drugs
- Minimum 15 years of industry experience with 8+ of those years in a strategic position within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. Solid understanding of complex business operations, procedures, and financial acumen in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company in the areas of Technical Development, Product Supply and Quality
- Experience with end-to-end product development activities in CMC pharma/biotech
- Ability to influence senior business leadership and inspire a cross-functional team in a unified direction
- A proven change agent and demonstrated experience in driving transformations, promoting collaborations, facilitating strategic ideas
- Skilled at quickly grasping and assimilating information across multiple functional areas to foster fact-based decision-making
- Experienced people manager to develop a high performing team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to details. Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines without compromising quality, and have an ability to remain composed in times of uncertainty
- Strong research and analytical abilities. Skilled at leading a team to oversee analysis reporting, visualization tools (Spotfire/Tableau), professional quality, engaging, and convincing reports and presentations
- Adept at latest software and innovative tools to enhance facilitation of strategic meetings and decision-making processes
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $196,000 to $253,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.